Job Description for Bookkeeper Position
We are seeking a qualified Bookkeeper to manage the day-to-day financial tasks of our company. The selected candidate will be responsible for handling both accounts payable and receivable, payroll, as well as bank account management and reconciliation. Successful candidates will have prior experience as a Bookkeeper and proficiency in using accounting software like Tally ERP, SAP etc…
Responsibilities of a Bookkeeper:
- Record day-to-day financial transactions and complete the posting process.
- Reconcile sales taxes, payroll taxes, 401k, and bank accounts at the end of each month.
- Monitor financial transactions and generate reports.
- Process accounts receivable and payable.
- Process checks.
- Understand ledgers.
- Collaborate with an accountant when necessary.
- Manage monthly payroll using accounting software.
Requirements for the Bookkeeper Role:
- Associate’s degree in accounting or business administration with excellent knowledge of general accounting principles.
- High school diploma.
- Proficiency in bookkeeping software.
- At least 2 years of bookkeeping experience, preferably within a business-services environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Experience with accounting software such as Tally ERP, Quickbooks, or MYOB.
- Ability to prepare, review, and understand a financial statement.
- Key responsibilities typically include recording financial transactions in accounting software or ledgers, reconciling bank statements, preparing invoices, managing accounts payable and receivable, generating financial reports, and assisting with payroll processing.
- There are no specific educational requirements to become a bookkeeper in India, but a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field can be beneficial. Additionally, proficiency in accounting software such as Tally ERP 9 and knowledge of relevant taxation laws and regulations are important.
- Tally ERP 9 is one of the most commonly used accounting software in India. It is widely used by small and medium-sized businesses for tasks such as recording transactions, managing inventory, and generating financial reports.
- Best practices include maintaining organized and accurate financial records, reconciling accounts regularly, keeping backups of financial data, documenting all financial transactions, staying informed about changes in tax laws and regulations, and seeking professional development opportunities to enhance skills.