. Finance Associate Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented finance associate to assist our finance manager with day-to-day financial procedures. You will be managing account records, revising and updating financial reports, and preparing financial data for audits, reviews, and taxation.
To ensure success as a finance associate, you should possess in-depth knowledge of best practices in financial management and experience in a similar environment. An outstanding finance associate will be someone whose expertise results in accurate financial reporting and efficient account management.
Finance Associate Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the preparation of operating budgets, financial statements, and reports.
- Processing requisition and other business forms, checking account balances, and approving purchases.
- Advising other departments on best practices related to fiscal procedures.
- Managing account records, issuing invoices, and handling payments.
- Collaborating with internal departments to reconcile any accounting discrepancies.
- Analyzing financial data and assisting with audits, reviews, and tax preparations.
- Updating financial spreadsheets and reports with the latest available data.
- Reviewing existing financial policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Providing assistance with payroll administration.
- Keeping records and documenting financial processes.
Finance Associate Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or in a related field.
- At least 2 years experience working as a finance associate.
- Proficiency in integrated financial management software, such as SAP, Tally ERP or NetSuite.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting standards, fiscal procedures, and applicable tax codes.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Great analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Superb organizational and time-management skills.
Finance associates typically assist with financial analysis, reporting, and planning activities. They may be involved in preparing financial statements, conducting variance analysis, assisting with budgeting and forecasting, and supporting financial decision-making by providing data and insights to management.
Candidates for finance associate roles often have a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field. Strong analytical skills, proficiency in financial modeling and analysis, attention to detail, and proficiency in Excel and financial software are important. Previous internship or work experience in finance or accounting may also be beneficial.
Finance associates support the organization’s financial strategy and goals by providing analysis and insights to help optimize financial performance. They may assist in identifying cost-saving opportunities, evaluating investment options, analyzing market trends, and supporting strategic planning initiatives.
Day-to-day tasks for finance associates may include preparing financial reports and presentations, conducting financial analysis to support decision-making, assisting with budget preparation and monitoring, performing ad-hoc financial modeling, and collaborating with cross-functional teams on finance-related projects.